Sunday, December 7, 2008

Luke is 11!!!

I know I am late posting this. What can I say about Luke. He is an interesting kid. This year he decided he wasn't going to go to school on his birthday. He even told his friends at school and his teachers and bus driver that he was staying home to play with his toys. Like I am letting him stay home!!! Silly kid. So we celebrated his last day being 10 with pizza and a movie!! He really knows how to exploit the birthday celebration!!! He also informed us that we needed to talk about him all day. At breakfast on his birthday he asked for pancakes. So I served him his pancakes and then he turns to Lizzie and says "Lizzie it's my birthday so get me my fork ok."
Where does he come up with this stuff? No cake for Luke this year! He wanted Oreo cookies.... and that is what he got!!!! I love that he his so excited about everything he gets. 

He is a blessing in our lives. I am always a little tongue tied when it comes to talking about Luke. He has his struggles. We have our struggles with him, usually on a daily basis. It seems like when things are going so good for him and we think ok we are going to get through this hurdle. And then we have another set back and we have to go back to square one. He truly has no guile. That kid is 100% innocent. When he laughs it is genuine. He laughs easily. He laughs a lot.  He loves babies. He loves his family. He remembers random things in ways that are interesting to us. And usually years and years after we have forgotten them. He always makes sure we eat on a regular basis. Before he goes to bed he likes to know what the menu will be for the next day. (Like I know!) He loves books even though he is still trying so hard with learning to read. Luke is a competitive kid. Luke is a hard worker. Luke is a really great kid and we are blessed to have him as a part of our family. So Happy Birthday Luke!!!








4 comments:

Judi said...

It is so funny that he did not want a cake. How cool to celebrate the last day of being 10 years. Happy late birthday Luke. It looks like he had a ggod day from the pictures.

Bill & Tenna Allen said...

We agree with every thing that was written about you Luke. You are sooo special and we love you. Those Oreo cookies look mighty good...

ckahlsdorf said...

The Great Johnny Unitias said there was only two things to cry about in life, Kids and Pets. Makes me feel better when I look at Charlie and choke up.
Luke is an inspiration, I mean he is only 11 and already running the show. A platter of Oreo's...Awesome!
BTW, he didn't fall far from the kahlsdorf side of the tree did he?

Tirsa said...

I know I am really late in posting this but WE LOVE LUKE! I loved your description of him...so true. He is pure innocence and with out guile. We are so lucky to have him in our family.