Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

At Thanksgiving dinner I remember my family would go around the table and say one thing they are grateful for. I used to hate that only because I would get so emotional. I would end up saying something totally shallow because I felt stupid for feeling so ready to cry. I don't say enough how grateful I am for the things I have.  As an adult, more so lately, it has been ok for me to cry and get teared up about the things that touch my heart. I feel blessed. I feel like although this has been a really tough year, we have received so many blessings we can't even number them. 
Since I can't be around all of you on this day of thanks I think everyone should leave a comment of one thing that you are grateful for! 
As for me I am so grateful for so many things this year it is hard to pick one. I am grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for my family, who I love dearly. I am grateful for my wonderful home. Ok I will stop now. What are you grateful for ?

5 comments:

Tirsa said...

We wish we were with you guys this year. I think I've spent half of my Thanksgivings as an Allen with your family! We love you guys so much!
I am grateful to be an Allen and to have so many friends that I get to call family. I am also grateful for my health, my children and husband, and the gospel.
(And these really cute shoes that I bought this week!) :)

rwheeler said...

You are such a good example! I am thankful for running, a very patient and loving husband, great children, and family. I'm also grateful for friends like you! Did I mention I am grateful I can run?
I'm also grateful for the Savior who overlooks our weaknesses and still loves us. Who always gives us a second chance and allows repentance!

Tammy said...

i'm grateful for my kati! i wish we could see each other often...miss you.

peer pressure made me do it said...

I am so grateful for a husband who puts up with me and drives me to Nevada every other week! I'm grateful for kids, especially when they don't get carsick. I'm grateful for my tiny house that is so quiet after a week of chaos and disorderly conduct. I am grateful for fantastic friends. I am grateful for the gospel and I think I'll be more grateful once this ward Christmas party is over. Were we just supposed to put one thing. Sorry, I'm grateful that you put up with my excessive comments!!!!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

Kati I feel the same way...I would always get too emotional, so this year I'll just say I'm grateful for Dr. Pepper...oh yeah and family and everything else that makes me cry!