Sunday, November 9, 2008

3 Really Good Books

OK so I have been reading A LOT lately. I may be behind the times but these are the books I have just finished:
 Miss Potter is a movie. But it is also a book. Both are excellent. I think Beatrix Potter's life is truly interesting. It was a good read.




What does it say about me that I like Young Adult books? Hattie Big Sky has won some awards and for good reason. It was a FANTASTIC book.  The author wrote about her Great Grandmother (I think) who Homesteaded 320 acres in Montana in 1917 ALONE. She was just 16 years old. I laughed and I cried. 




Star Girl has been around for a while. I think that it has an interesting message. Definitely a must read. 

I think that it is hard to find good books with out a lot of junk in them. With these books I really felt enlightened and uplifted.  

4 comments:

Tirsa said...

Thank you for the recommendations. I'll have to check them out. I am always looking for a good book...

Tirsa said...

PS...I think it says you relate well with your teenage daughter...nothing wrong with that!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I think we are reading Hattie Big Sky in our book club. I'm exited to read it now. I loved that movie about Beatrice Potter. It was so cute.

rwheeler said...

I really need to read these because you were telling me all about them the other day! Thanks for coming on the shopping trip!