Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Irony

Two weeks ago we got a call from a member of our Bishopric asking Wade and I to speak in Sacrament meeting. I had to check the calendar because it is the season for Ward Conferences. I had to be in another Ward that Sunday so Wade got the opportunity to speak all by himself. I was feeling pretty good about getting out of speaking. I was also confident that I wouldn't have to bear my testimony in the Ward I was attending for various reasons. Then out of the blue I was asked to bear my Testimony. At least Wade had the benefit of 2 weeks of preparation and notes! We both had a good laugh about it! This is what irony looks like my friends!

3 comments:

Tirsa said...

Oh, yes. Life is very ironic. I'll give another example: Lose 30 pounds, give away the only maternity shirt you own (because you accidently bought it without knowing it was maternity) and within 2 weeks you will be pregnant after 7.5 years of trying. :)

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

thats funny! Tirsa yours is funny too. Thanks for the laugh guys! how did the talks go?

rwheeler said...

What you didn't mention the book? I still think I should call Kim!