Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Venting....

As many of you know we get paid ONCE an month. On that day we do our MAJOR shopping for the month. We pile the family in the car and head to WALMART. We shop there for several reasons that I won't go into now. We have done this for 8 years. I have 2 notebooks to prove it! This is what my shopping list looks like:

Needless to say we fill two carts.  Not only that it usually takes a few hours. Last night we got started late to begin with. We finally reached the check out at about 9 p.m. There were 3 Express lanes (20 items or less) open and only 2 regular lanes. Both of the regular check out lanes had long lines and the people in those lines were like us with full carts. So we get in line to wait our turn. Fortunately for us they opened another regular line and because we were the next in line the Walmart employee told us to go ahead. So we did. The lady behind us let Wade go then she saw me with the second cart.  All of a sudden she started to push ahead of Wade to be the first in the new line. Wade called her on it and said, "They said the next people in line and that is us." The lady replied "But you have three times the amount of stuff as the rest of us!" (She had 20 items or less) I kind of snapped and said back "So that means you should go first? We want to get home too!" In a huff she went to a different line.  Let me pause to say that had she asked if we minded if she went first because she had fewer items Wade and I both would have had no problem with that. I don't think I need to point out that there were 3 other checkouts with fewer people who all had 20 items or less. We had no other choice of checkouts. As she left she gave us a pointed look and was shaking her head like we did something wrong.   Anyway this is our reciept:

It is over and done with thank you for letting me vent. Yes we bought 153 items. Yes I think Walmart SHOULD let us reserve a special checkout lane on the 20th of every month! 

FYI a friend of mine who was impressed with my shopping notebook and abilities to feed my family so cheaply wrote about it in an article that will be featured in the May issue of a local magazine.  How cool is that?

4 comments:

Tirsa said...

I love that you guys called her on it! And, I hope you post the article so we can all learn from you. Very cool.

Shaun at Oak Den said...

Ha! I can just see you giving her "the stink eye"!

kilani said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ybanezfam said...

Kati, can I pay you to come down and do my shopping? And how amazing that you take the whole family and you all live to tell about it and no on is in jail! BTW is it just my bad eyes or do I see the word snails at the top of your list?