Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!


Or is it Merry Earth Day?  I know it is a day so that the tree huggers can make us feel guilty about how humans are destroying the earth. Usually I just buy t-shirts for my kids that say things like, "Can I recycle my brother/sister?".  Now I don't buy into all the hype but I do believe that we need to mindful of this Divine creation that we live on. In honor of this day devoted to the Earth I weeded my flower beds and I think I will run out to buy some flowers for my front yard.  If we could decide on a tree I would plant one. Ooops sorry I think Arbor day is the day you plant trees! So Happy/Merry Earth Day! Thank Heavenly Father for this BEAUTIFUL place we are privileged to live on!!

2 comments:

ybanezfam said...

Amen sista! I don't buy into the progaganda/hype climate change garbage either but I know that we need to be good stewards of this earth. We are incredibly blessed to know that this earth was made for us by our loving Father. It is also wonderful to know that it will last us just as long as He sees fit!!!

Steve and Kelli Fam said...

I completely agree. I think that we are very wasteful and should take better care of what the Lord has given us. I love this beautiful world!